“Don’t live 365 days the same way and call it a life”-Robin Sharma
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 Dear Friends.
As the new year approached many of us would have made new year resolution. However, I encourage you to not make new year resolution this time but make goals instead.
Why? Because deep in our hearts we all know that most of us are not going to do anything about the resolution just like any other year. Resolution is like a fantasy that excites us for few days and then we put all the efforts to kill it slowly.
Why are goals important?
We all dream of a successful and happy life but dreams without actions would only lead to frustrations.
Taking correct as well as corrective actions require planning and planning require goal settings.
Remember what you are today is a result of small decisions and actions that you have taken in the past. Well if you think that you are not where you wanted to be or you want to go much much much above where you are right now then there is a good news for you. You have the entire year with you. So sit down, take a breathe and
- Write 5 big goals that you want to achieve in the next 5 years. This might include goals like buying a BMW, getting admission in a top-notch University, becoming a CEO, starting your own company or just anything that you think is going to change your life.
- Write 5 big goals that you want to achieve by the end of this year i.e by Dec’.
- Divide these 5 goals into the small tasks into monthly goals and assign yourself with objectives that are important to meet to evaluate your progress at the end of the year.
- Divide the monthly goals into weekly landmarks that you need to achieve to be on the right track.
ACTION cures Fear. It’s the bridge between your dream and reality. SO YOU MUST ACT ON YOUR GOALS.
Let me make it a little easy for you.
- Be realistic in setting goals.
- Know your strength, weakness and time slots.
- Work on time management skill
- Kill procrastination
- Avoid naysayers who look down on you, eat and live healthy to be in high energy state
- Read good books like ‘ How to win friends and influence people, 7 strategies for wealth and Success, Eat that frog. Read biographies of successful people like Anwar Sadat, Nelson Mandela, Wright Brothers and Steve jobs to name a few. The wisdom from these books would act as a constant reminder of the change that you want to make in this world.
HOPE YOU WILL ROCK THIS YEAR. Do send me a text or message on WordPress, FB, LinkedIn or on my website if this helps you or your loved ones.
Thanks and best regards